Launching s specialist town planning consultancy
de Courcy is a town planning consultancy offering professional planning services to land owners, property owners and developers. With over 34 years’ experience in both public and private sectors, Michael de Courcy established his own consultancy in order to provide a full range of bespoke planning services with his own personalised approach.
- Create a brand identity and web presence to position the consultancy as industry experts
- Visually reference the nature of town planning and historic architecture
- Create and apply a distinct tone of voice for brand messaging
- Design and develop a website to showcase completed projects and services offered
- Develop a set of flexible brand assets for use on- and off-line
Michael de Courcy approached us to help develop a brand identity and website for his start-up consultancy. A focus on Michael’s reputation and experience in town planning assisted in the selection of the company name and brand messaging.
The core logo focused on the selection of a bold contemporary serif typeface to strongly tie the brand identity to the concepts of expertise brought to bear and the heritage focus of many planning projects. The traditional style is countered by the use of a modern sans-serif tag line to convey a forward looking ethos.
Brand artwork was developed based on simplified outlines of historic street maps to reference the nature of town planning. A muted traditional colour palette was developed alongside this to compliment the brand. Work included delivering a branding a kit, brand style guide, creation of print stationery, reporting templates and design and build of a responsive CMS based website.